Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Preparing for another trip!

Prepping my jigs for another round of fishing for pelagics. I'm bringing Sea falcon jigs, P-Line Laser Sardine jigs, Tacklehouse Flitz lure, and a Baby Runboh lure for casting at tuna and dodos.  I also packed my daisy chained purple cedar plugs for trolling.  I'm bringing along my new Van Staal VM150 reel this time to test it and hoping to hook a tuna with it.




Fishing Report:  Conditions was less than ideal.  We ran about 70 miles offshore and it was gloomy and a bit rough the whole time we were in the tuna grounds, it even rained.  I knew fishing was going to be scratchy and decided to use live bait the entire time to avoid skunkiness.  The plan was to troll and at the same time look for floating kelp paddies that may be holding fish.  Good thing I brought along my purple colored daisy chained cedar plugs for trolling.  It was the hot lure on the troll and I scored the only dorado caught on the trip.  We still managed to haul a variety of fish--YFT, Yellowtails, Dorado, and Skipjack tunas.  All in all, it was another successful trip and great day to be out on the water.



                                                               My total haul for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment